What is Special and Hazardous Waste?
These wastes may be found in different physical states such as gaseous, liquids, or solids. A hazardous waste is a special type of waste because it cannot be disposed of by common means like other by-products of our everyday lives. Special and Hazardous waste is commonly defined as containing substances or possessing properties that may make it harmful to human health or the surrounding environment but this does not mean that such waste is toxic imminently as it could be prolonged over a period of time.
Types of Waste that is classified as Special or Hazardous?
- Paints and Solvents
- Used car wastes – Motor oil, anti-freeze
- Mercury from thermometers, fluorescent tubes, switches
- Electronics Computers, mobiles, televisions see ELECTRICAL WEEE LINK
- Radioactive waste
How can RTS Provide a Special Waste Service?
RTS can arrange for the assessment, recording, removal and safe disposal of all types of difficult hazardous wastes. In some cases RTS may be able to recover some of the materials collected such as mercury, glass and metal from fluorescent tubes.
These services would include the removal of contaminated soils, asbestos, paints and laboratory smalls, as well as trade and industrial waste effluents.
Features of Service
- Any quantity of hazardous waste removed safely
- Spent lighting and fluorescent tube recycling
- Confidential Waste destroyed
- Asbestos removal disposal
- Chemical and drummed wastes
- Full analytical service
Call our Technical Sales Team for further information on 0207 232 1711 or send an email with detailed information for a quotation to email@example.com