Also see Roll On Roll Offs for larger skips
|Capacity: Cubic Yards||6 yd3||8 yd3||12 yd3|
|Capacity: Metric m||4.6 m 3||6.1m3||9.2m3|
|Length: Metric m||3.40m||3.56m||3.96m|
|Length: Imperial ft||11’2”||11’8″||13”|
|Width: Metric m||1.78m||1.78m||1.78m|
|Width: Imperial ft||5’10″||5’10”||5’10”|
|Height: Metric m||1.07m||1.22m||1.68m|
|Height: Imperial ft||3’6″||4’||5’6”|
Why Choose RTS Waste for Skip Hire?
RTS operate a cost effective and efficient timely service for Commercial, Industrial and Construction Sites. Features:
- A real-time tracking of all vehicles allows reliable scheduled collections.
- Recycle Reports
- Data for Site Waste Management Plan (SWMP) can be provided in collaboration with Construction Operators.
- Services can be booked for 24 hours 7 days a week, out of hour’s charges may apply.
- The RTS Transport department is available for booking from 06:00am to 17:00pm.
- All Waste Materials collected is treated at our Waste Transfer Stations in London, Kent and Somerset. Reuse, Recycle and Recovery of waste is optimised through processing at our Material Recovery Facility.
How to Order a Skip from RTS?
To arrange a delivery, an exchange or a collection simply:
- Call London on 020 7232 1711 Option 1 or Somerset on 01823 672900
- OR Complete an Online Request Form
- OR email us at email@example.com
- More information on our Skip Hire
When booking a collection, please mention the address of the Skip’s location and contact details at site. Please ensure that adequate access to the skip is available for the skip lorry to load the skip.
Sunday, Bank Holidays and Out Of Service collection service maybe limited. Please arrange by calling Transport on 020 7232 1711 option 1.
RTS Waste offers a hazardous Waste disposal service, to enquire please call our Hazardous Waste specialists on 020 7232 1711 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Where will the Skip be located?
You will also need to think about where you will put the skip. A typical skip lorry is roughly 9ft wide, 22ft long and has a gross weight of around 17 tonnes with a full skip. You will need to bear this in mind if you require the skip placed in a confined or weak space (such as very narrow streets or weak bridges, behind houses etc.). You cannot locate a skip directly below low trees.
Otherwise, you may need to consider placing the skip in another location, such as on the public highway. If accessibility is a problem, then contact a member of the Transport team on 020 7232 1711 option 1, as we can still offer alternative waste disposal services apart from skip hire.
A permit is required if the skip is to be placed on a public highway. RTS Waste is able to provide permits when you place your order, for a small additional fee. Permits are normally available in 3-5 working days, in some cases sooner.
Who is Responsible for the Skips waste?
You are legally responsible for the contents of the skip you hire. You need to ensure that the waste disposed in the skip is suitable for general disposal and that the skip is not overloaded.
An overloaded skip is a hazard. The lorry may struggle to lift the skip, and your overfilled waste can be dangerous to other people as the skip is being lifted or transported. The contents of a skip should not exceed the height of the skip’s sides.
If your skip is overloaded, the skip lorry driver reserves the right to either remove the excess waste from the skip, or refuse to remove the skip altogether. The latter may incur a wasted journey charge.
Please note that you must never set fire to the waste in your skip.