Posted 17th June 2015 – closing date 30th June 2015
Weighbridge Operative/Shipper Support in Waste Management
The Group is a leading provider of integrated waste management services, offering Commercial, Construction and Industrial sustainable waste collections, recycling and disposal services, with Waste Transfer Stations operating in London, Kent and Somerset and a purpose built Material Recovery Facility offering a zero landfill option.
To operate the weighbridge and work alongside the Shipper. This role is a permanent position 7.00am – 5.00pm Monday-Friday and 6.00am – 1.00pm alternate Saturdays.
Key Responsibilities: Weighbridge Operator
- Operate weighbridge; record weights; input on company system and charge customers cash and account.
- Answer customer update calls and queries.
- Ensure vehicle roadworthiness at the start and end of the shift.
- Report any accidents or damage to the Transport Manager.
- Report to the Transport Manager daily anything that is not to plan, all accidents’ and vehicle stops.
- Update shipper on any schedule changes after 3pm.
- Check and respond to emails regularly.
Assist Shipper when required to:
- Allocate and instruct Drivers on their daily duties.
- Ensure all work is completed by drivers by continuous monitoring and adjustment throughout the day.
- Liaise with Drivers concerning work being carried out by phone, face-to-face and PDA (when activated)
- Reallocate work that has been missed.
- Advise HR of driver non-attendance by email.
- Book, amend and complete jobs on the company system
- Accept tickets
- Agree with customers wasted journey P/O’s
- File incoming / outgoing tickets.
- Collect daily vehicle check sheets and pass to Transport admin
- Liaise with Transport Manager regarding Drivers holidays.
Ideal candidate will have:
- Good computer skills.
- Background in administration within Transportation/Logistics
- Good communication and interpersonal skills (written and verbal).
- Good telephone manner.
- Good knowledge of London area.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Good organisational skills.
- Flexible attitude.
Please apply by sending a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted May 2015 – open
DRIVERS Class 1 or Class 2 HGV
Posted on: 12th September 2014
Posted by: RTS Waste Management Ltd
Unit 1, Stockholm Road, Bermondsey, London SE16 3LP
Contact Matt Jeffrey, Transport Manager – email email@example.com
Application Form to be downloaded and completed:
This is an excellent opportunity for an HGV Class 2 Driver to join our depot in:
Key Responsibilities include:
- To drive Category C/C+E vehicle safely, legally and efficiently as required.
- To comply with all drivers hours and Road Transport Directive legislation.
- To load and unload vehicle and maintain safety and security of load at all times.
- To carry out all necessary checks to ensure vehicle is safe and legal and to follow appropriate procedures if it is not.
- To act as company ambassador when dealing with customers.
- To complete all paperwork promptly and accurately as required (include any electronic devices that might be used, scanners, hand held PDA etc).
- To plan and adapt routes as necessary and feedback to traffic office on any issues around load planning and routing.
- To comply with all Health & Safety requirements in depot, on road and at customers’ premises and to take responsibility for ensuring own fitness to drive at all times.
Ideal candidate will have:
- A class 2 licence and CPC card.
- At least 1 years’ HGV driving experience.
- Thorough knowledge of drivers’ hours legislation, tachograph procedures and other legal obligations.
- A good level of literacy and numeracy.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to adapt to changes in working procedures and practices and is open to opportunities to improve own skills.
In return you will receive:
- A competitive salary
- 20 days holiday
- Quarterly bonus scheme
For further information please contact us on 020 3389 9825 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV.