Posted 30th August 2018 - Status is OPEN
Credit Controller - with Book-keeping skills required
A great opportunity has arisen to join our Accounts team here at RTS.
A full-time Credit controller with book-keeping experience is required, at our Bermondsey office.
The successful candidate will take full responsibility for credit control, and provide additional support to the Accounts department.
(Bermondsey, London office)
The Group is a leading provider of integrated waste management services, offering Commercial, Construction and Industrial sustainable waste collection, recycling and disposal services. We have Waste Transfer Stations operating in London, Kent and Somerset and a purpose built Material Recovering Facilities offering a zero landfill option.
Job Purpose: To collect money in-line with company credit control procedures, and to monitor financial integrity of new and existing customers, and provide additional support to the Accounts Team.
This role is a permanent position: Monday-Friday 9am-5pm, with 60 minute unpaid break for lunch.
- Chase due and late customer payments in-line with company policy.
- Redirect customer queries details to query team.
- Record customer credit control dialogue in company system.
- Enforce the agreed credit limit and maintain relevant data.
- Open new customer’s accounts as authorised by the Finance Director or Assistant Financial Controller.
- Generate and circulate weekly new account and bad payer’s reports.
- Enter customer payments to accounting system.
- Provide additional support to the Accounts department, as and when required.
- Minimum of 2 year’s experience in a Credit Control role.
- Book-keeping experience is required, preferably AAT Level 2 Qualification.
- Some knowledge of the waste industry is useful, however not essential.
- Knowledge of processes used to obtain outstanding monies through a small claims court.
- Good IT skills, including Microsoft packages with intermediate level of Excel knowledge.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
Reporting to: Finance Director and Assistant Financial Controller.
In return you will receive:
- Competitive salary, dependant on experience.
- 28 days paid holiday (including Bank Holidays).
- Pension Scheme.
- Interest free season ticket loan.
- Free parking.
For more information please email: email@example.com
We are always open to taking on new drivers.
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
This is an excellent opportunity for an HGV Class 2 Driver to join our depot in:
- To drive Category C/C+E vehicle safely, legally and efficiently as required.
- To comply with all drivers hours and Road Transport Directive legislation.
- To load and unload vehicle and maintain safety and security of load at all times.
- To carry out all necessary checks to ensure vehicle is safe and legal and to follow appropriate procedures if it is not.
- To act as company ambassador when dealing with customers.
- To complete all paperwork promptly and accurately as required (include any electronic devices that might be used, scanners, hand held PDA etc).
- To plan and adapt routes as necessary and feedback to traffic office on any issues around load planning and routing.
- To comply with all Health & Safety requirements in depot, on road and at customers’ premises and to take responsibility for ensuring own fitness to drive at all times.
Ideal candidate will have:
- A class 2 licence and CPC card.
- At least 1 years’ HGV driving experience.
- Thorough knowledge of drivers’ hours legislation, tachograph procedures and other legal obligations.
- A good level of literacy and numeracy.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to adapt to changes in working procedures and practices and is open to opportunities to improve own skills.
In return you will receive:
- A competitive salary
- 20 days holiday
- Quarterly bonus scheme
For further information please contact us on 020 7232 1711 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV.
Careers in Waste management vary so you could email your CV to Careers@rtswaste.co.uk