IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING
PLASTERBOARD COLLECTIONS AND DISPOSALS AT OUR SITES
It has come to our attention that sites are not adhering to the Plasterboard legislation that came into effect from 2008 and more recently has been amended to a ZERO TOLERANCE.
Please note that we will only collect completely segregated plasterboard loads be it, Wheelie Bins, Roll-On-Offs or Skips. Alternative methods of collection for small loads can be arranged such as using Bulk Bag. Please make contact with email@example.com
In the event of any containers be it for Plasterboard that is mixed with other waste streams or mixed wastes that are contaminated with plasterboard then the following procedure will be followed.
- WHEELIE BINS CAN BE LEFT ON SITE TO BE SEGREGATED BY THE CLIENT AND COLLECTED ON THE NEXT SCHEDULED COLLECTION DAY
- ROLL-ONS AND SKIPS BEING COLLECTED WHERE THE DRIVER HAS NOT BEEN ABLE TO SEE ANY PLASTERBOARD IN THE LOAD UNTIL TIPPING WILL HAVE PHOTOS TAKEN AND AN EXCESS CHARGE WILL BE MADE
- WHEELIE BINS BEING EMPTIED AND PLASTERBOARD MIXED WITH OTHER WASTES IS NOT NOTICED UNTIL IN THE HOPPER WILL AGAIN HAVE PHOTOS TAKEN, A NOTE MADE ON THE WTN AND AN EXCESS CHARGE WILL BE APPLIED.
- TIPPING CONTAMINATED LOADS WITHIN ANY OF OUR SITES WILL INCUR AN EXCESS CHARGE.
The Environmental Agency clearly states:
- Total ban on disposal of plasterboard waste at mixed waste landfills
- The previous 10% rule is gone; the regulations are valid for any amount of plasterboard waste. A zero tolerance policy will be applied
- Obligation for Household Waste Recycling Center’s, construction & demolition contractors and transfer/sorting facilities to segregate plasterboard waste
- Obligation to try to recycle and treat as much of the waste as possible
Communication from JAMES REDMOND – SALES AND TRANSPORT DIRECTOR